about 10pm on the evening of day 5 my sister delivered my newest niece, so the next morning, I dropped my kids off at VBS and went by the hospital to see them. Bitchy Sis (yes, she is way way more bitchy than I am,) looked pretty good, she had a much easier labor and delivery with this baby than with her first, and she was up and moving around, and less than 12 hrs after the baby was born she was ready to go  home. Baby was very sleepy, and small compared to her first child, but over a pound bigger than either of my girls. I hung around and visited with her for a while… Princess (step)Sis came in, she is 7 months pregnant, and did little but whine that she is the only one left pregnant and what she can’t do or eat (she has gestational diabetes) and I quickly tired of listening to that. So I took off, and ran a bunch of errands..

I had to drop a replacement phone in the mail to Psycho Mother-in-law, as she managed to lose hers a couple of weeks ago. And since I only had an hour left until I had to go pick up the kids again, I pulled into McDonalds, and got an order of fries so that I could sit at a table and use their wi-fi connection to upload all of the blog entries I had typed up this week… Because the free tethering program I had on my Android wouldn’t let me access anything secure, and that meant no logging into WordPress. I played with it last night, trying to find free software that would allow it, and some how, I am not sure how, managed to have access to https again.

After I picked up the kids, I brought them back to my grandfather’s to play with my cousin’s 10yo boy who was spending the day here while his dad was at work, and they all played, they have been playing all week, and having a blast.

My kids had wanted to go to the hospital to see the baby, but I couldn’t take them, as the hospital has banned all non-immediate family children from visitation because of a huge number of repertory illnesses this year.

Bitchy Sis got out of the hospital this morning, so I took the kids to her house to see the baby this afternoon, we hung around and visited (and the kids played) for a couple of hours, before taking off.

I took the kids for snow cones today, I don’t think they had ever had them before, they have had slushes, but not shaved ice. They loved it, it was the worlds greatest treat to them.

Later this afternoon we took a walk, and walked about a half mile down the road to the local park, where they spent a while on the swings and bars and see-saws before we walked back.

We have had a good couple of days, Hubster may be back tomorrow, but more likely on Saturday, then we will head home. I am starting to get ready for my big bed at home, and my husband in bed next to me. I miss him.